Thursday, December 23, 2010
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Sahlab Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Sahlab.
Sahlab Ingredients - Serves 3 -5
4 cups milk
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sugar (to taste)
ground cinnamon (to taste)
unsweetened dried shredded coconut (to taste)
chopped pistachios (to taste)
1. Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir well.
2. Add milk to a soup pan or dutch oven pot.
3. Stir in cornstarch mixture in milk before it gets warm.
4. Add in vanilla and sugar.
5. Must stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
6. Let boil for 2 minutes, meanwhile still stirring.
7. Serve in dessert bowls.
8. Top with cinnamon and coconut or just chopped pistachios.
9. It's traditionally eaten hot, but I like it cold too, once it cooled off and firmed up.
More Middle Eastern Dessert Recipes...
Lebanese Baklava Recipe
Turkish pavlova Recipe
Almond Baskets Recipe
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.