|Chicken Eggplant Maklouba|
Yield: 10 servings
1.00 kg Chicken, whole
1.00 kg Basmati rice
40.00 g Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder
500.00 g Eggplant
200.00 g Onions, chopped
20.00 g Cinnamon powder
10.00 g Coriander powder
15.00 g Turmeric powder
100.00 g Almonds, roasted
100.00 g Roasted Pine nuts
40.00 ml Knorr Chicken Liquid Concentrate Bouillon
1. Boil chicken in water for 50 minutes or until it becomes tender. Remove skin and bones and flake into thick flakes.
2. Deep fry eggplant slices until they become golden in colour. Set aside.
3. Heat the ghee in a pot and sauté chopped onions then add minced meat for 5 minutes or until it becomes brown in colour and well cooked.
4. Arrange fried eggplant slices on top of cooked meat in the same pot then add a layer of shredded chicken and flakes, finally add the rice on top.
5. Dissolve Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder in 2 litre of hot water with all spices and add the stock to the rice and bring to boil. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
6. Before serving mix trough Knorr Concentrated Chicken Bouillon.
Source: Unilever Food Solutions