|Basbousa with Chocolate Recipe|
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Serves: 12 persons| Level: Medium
2 cups caster sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup water
1 stick cinnamon
2 pods cardamom
1/2 orange peel
1/2 cup butter
8 bars soft dark chocolate
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup semolina
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place sugar, honey, water, cardamom and orange peel in a sauce pan. Let it cook for five minutes. Let mixture cools.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a hot water bath.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and add to the chocolate mixture and Mix well.
- Pour mixture in a baking ban greased with butter. Cut it into desired shapes using a knife. Place an almond over each piece. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and power sugar syrup over it.
- Place basbousa again in over for another 5 minutes.
Source: Lebanese Recipes