Friday, December 11, 2009
Easy Lebanese recipe for stuffed chicken. The chicken is stuffed with rice, pine nuts, pistachio nuts, blanched almonds, and minced meat. Enjoy middle eastern cooking and smile when your guests shower you with compliments.
1 kg (32 oz) chicken, cleaned
¼ cup pine nuts, fried
¼ cup blanched almonds, fried
¼ cup blanched pistachio nuts, fried
200 g (7 oz) minced meat
¼ cup shortening or butter butter
¼ tspn of: ground allspice, ground cinnamon and ground cardamom
1 tbls salt
¾ cup long grain rice, washed
1 bay leaf
1. Put the minced meat with shortening in the cooking pot, add ¼ tspn of salt and ½ the quantity of the spices. Stir mixture for 5 minutes, add 1 cup of water.
2. Add rice to the meat and stir once. Leave it over moderate heat for 15 minutes. Rub chicken with remaining spices inside and out.
3. Filling: Mix cooked rice with pine nuts, almonds and pistachio nuts. Stuff chicken with the mixture and stitch opening.
4. Put chicken on its back in a pot, add the bay leaf and cover with water. Leave over moderate heat, bring to a boil and add a dash of salt. Cover the pot and simmer for 40 minutes (remove scum as it appears).
Rub chicken with butter, put in an oven tray on high heat for 15 minutes, till brown and cooked.
5. Serve the chicken with bread and garnished with parsley.
Save and share Lebanese stuffed chicken recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.