Enjoy traditional middle eastern cooking recipes and learn how to make Stuffed Baby Zucchini with Tomato Sauce.
1½ kg baby zucchini
2 tablespoons ghee
1 medium onion or 150 g, finely chopped
350 g minced lamb
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ cup Egyptian rice or 150 g, washed and drained
1 medium tomato or 150 g, finely chopped
2 cups water or 500 ml
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cubes MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon
- Hallow the zucchini, wash well and set aside.
- Heat ghee in a large saucepan then add onion, meat, spices and sauté while stirring for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and tomato.
- Stuff the zucchini with the meat and rice mixture and arrange in a large casserole. Place 2 plates on top of the zucchini to press them down.
- Combine water, garlic, tomato paste and MAGGI® Mutton Bouillon cubes in a sauce pan, bring to boil then pour over the zucchini in the casserole.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour or until zucchini and rice are cooked.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.