Dates have so many health benefits, as they are high in nutrients like iron and fluorine. Dates are rich source of minerals as well as vitamins. Having dates on everyday basis is helpful in lowering cholesterol and avoiding many health issues in the long run.
It is one of the most delicious sweet dry fruit which is high in nutrient value. Dates have been cultivates for hundreds of years for its taste and health benefits.
The health benefits of dates are many. Here are some of the health benefits of dates:
1. Dates do not have cholesterol in them and they contain very less fat in them. Moreover, they are extremely rich in minerals as well as vitamins.
2. Dates are extremely rich source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B5. They also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
3. Dates help in improving the digestive system as it is loaded with insoluble as well as fibers. Dates also have amino acids in them which is also good for the digestive system.
4. Dates are excellent source of energy as they have natural food based sugar like glucose, fructose and sucrose. For added benefits add milk and dates for an even more nutritious food. Dates are also very low in calories hence they are also beneficial for those trying to lose weight.
5. If you are facing constipation then soak dates all night long and have it in the morning after along with water for easy bowel movements.
6. It is also said to increase libido. Soak a fistful of dates in goat’s milk the night before. The next morning mash the dates in the milk and (add honey to it for taste) drink the same.
7. Dates are also rich in potassium and they have very less sodium in it. This is extremely beneficial for the nervous system. Studies have indicated that having potassium rich foods can reduce the risk of strokes to a great extend. Dates are also helpful in reducing the LDL cholesterol.
8. Dates are very good for alcoholic inebriation.
9. The amount of iron is dates are very high and it is helpful in curing anemia. Those having iron deficiency can eat dates everyday for better health. Dates also have fluorine that reduces tooth decay.
10. Dates are helpful in treating abdominal cancer. The best part about having dates is that it is a completely natural food and nutritional supplement with no side effects. Dates are also known to improve the eye sight and it helps treating night blindness also.
How to use dates in everyday life:
You can chop dates and garnish sweets, puddings and cakes with it to include the health quotient of the dish and for a more appealing appearance. You can easily pick good quality dates from the rest by checking if they are evenly colored and fleshy. Do not buy dates that have artificial sugar coated on it. Moreover, it is very easy to store dates, they are dry fruits hence can be stored for long time without any problem.
You can have dates on everyday basis without any problem. You can use dates for snacking in between meals. You can add dates to any food item as garnishing. It is great for increasing your energy levels. So don’t forget to keep a handful of dates handy.
Nutritional Value of Dates
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of dates:
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Total Carbohydrates - 75 gm
- Dietary Fiber - 8 gm
- Sugars - 63 gm
- Protein - 2 gm
- Vitamin - A 10 IU
- Vitamin C - 0.4 mg
- Vitamin E - 0.05 mg
- Vitamin K - 2.7 mcg
- Thiamin - 0.052 mg
- Riboflavin - 0.066 mg
- Niacin - 1.274 mg
- Vitamin B6 - 0.165 mg
- Vitamin B12 - 0 mcg
- Folate - 19 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid - 0.589 mcg
- Calcium - 39 mg
- Iron - 1.02 mg
- Magnesium - 43 mg
- Phosphorus - 62 mg
- Potassium - 656 mg
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Zinc - 0.29 mg
- Copper - 0.206 mg
- Manganese - 0.262 mg
- Selenium - 3 mcg
- Total Fat - 0.39 mg
- Saturated Fat - 0.032 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat - 0.036 mg
- Polyunsaturated Fat - 0.019 mg
Similar Healthy Eating Articles:
Health Benefits of Fasting
Health Benefits of Avocado Oil
Health Benefits of Eggplant
Save and share Health Benefits of Dates
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.