|Photo: Beef stew with eggplant and bread dumplings recipe|
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try beef stew with eggplant and bread dumplings recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make beef stew with eggplant and bread dumplings.
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons butter
½ Kg beef cubes (lean and boneless)
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped red onion
4 garlic cloves
3 cups cilantro leaves
1 green chili pepper
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
4 cups beef stock or water
4 small potatoes (peeled)
1 eggplant (cubes)
For the bread:-
1 cup flour
I teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon spices
1 tablespoon dried herbs (rosemary- thyme- oregano)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 cup water
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat, fry and stir the meat cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook for few minutes.
- Mix onions, garlic, cilantro leaves, chili and ginger in an electric mixer to form a paste, and add it to the meat.
- Add stock, when it comes to a boil, lower the heat and cover until the meat is tender.
- Add potatoes and eggplants, leave the stew until fully cooked.
For the beard dumplings:-
- Mix flour, baking powder, spices, herbs, salt and chopped cilantro.
- Gradually add water, continue kneading until a soft dough is obtained.
- Shape the dough into small balls.
- Place the bread dumplings in the stew, cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
- Served hot.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Lamb with spicy chickpeas
Lamb and prosciutto burger
Rice and meat phyllo (Ouzi)
Caramelized roast chops and couscous with cashews
Roasted sweet potato and peppers with couscous
Moroccan spiced lamb and couscous
Save and share Beef stew with eggplant and bread dumplings recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.