Easy recipe for Kousa mahshi. This delicious Kousa mahshi is a fresh squash stuffed with ground lamb, rice and pine nuts in a yogurt sauce cooked with mint. Learn how to make this recipe for Stuffed Squash with Laban (yogurt) Kousa Mahshi Bi Laban.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion or 200g, finely chopped
- 300g minced lean lamb meat
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon or 10g pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup or 50g Egyptian rice
- 2 cubes MAGGI Less Salt Chicken Stock
- 1 kg small size zucchini
- 2 cups or 500ml water
- 1 kg or 4 cups low fat yogurt
- 1½ tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (extra)
- Warm oil in a large non-stick pan, add and cook onions for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add minced meat, garlic, black pepper, cinnamon and pine nuts. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the rice and a MAGGI Less Salt Chicken Stock cube for 1 minute.
- Hollow baby zucchini and stuff them with the meat mixture. Arrange stuffed zucchini in a large saucepan.
- Add water and a MAGGI Less Salt Chicken Stock cube to the saucepan. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until zucchinis are almost cooked.
- Combine yogurt and corn flour in a large pot and bring them to boil under constant stirring. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the yogurt sauce over zucchini and simmer for another 5 minutes or until they are cooked. Stir in garlic and dried mint.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.