The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Dessert Recipes) invites you to try Egg nog panna cotta Recipe. Enjoy wonderful Christmas desserts and learn how to make Egg nog panna cotta.
Have yourself a very sweet Christmas with this festive dessert.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
1/4 cup (60ml) cold water
20g (2 sachets) powdered gelatine
2 1/2 cups (600ml) cream
1 1/4 cups (300ml) store-bought ready-made custard
1/3 cup (80ml) brandy
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice powder
2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture, sifted
Peach and cherry compote
2 cups (500ml) water
1 cup (220g) sugar
3 teaspoons lemon juice
2 yellow peaches, cut into wedges
2 white peaches, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon lemon juice, extra
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen thawed cherries
1. Place water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and set aside for 5 minutes or until gelatine has set and is spongy.
2. Place the cream, custard, brandy, mixed spice and icing sugar mixture in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and mixture is well combined. Whisk if any lumps form.
3. Once the custard mixture is hot (but not boiling), slowly add the gelatine mixture. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until the gelatine has fully dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour into a greased rectangular (5-cup capacity) tin. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours or until set.
4. To make syrup: Place the water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and add the peaches. Simmer for 1-2 minutes then remove the peaches with a slotted spoon. Set aside to cool slightly, then peel away the skin (reserve skin).
5. Sprinkle peaches with extra lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Meanwhile, return the syrup to the heat, add the peach skins and increase heat to high. Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the syrup has reduced and thickened slightly. Cover and chill completely.
7. To serve, turn the chilled panna cotta on to a large serving platter. Top with the peaches and cherries and drizzle with a little syrup.
The panna cotta can be made up to 2 days ahead. The peaches and syrup can be made a few hours ahead (chill both in the refrigerator until ready to serve).
Taste.com.au - December 2007, Page 4
Recipe by Kate Murdoch
White chocolate and berry cheesecake recipe - Lebanese Baklava Recipe - Pistachio Maamoul Recipe
Save and share Egg nog panna cotta recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.