|Photo: Stuffed Turkey (Tandouri style) Recipe|
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Stuffed Turkey (Tandouri style) Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Stuffed Turkey (Tandouri style) .
For the filling:
½ Cup corn oil
½ Cup ghee
4 Cinnamon sticks
2 Tbs fennel seeds
1 Lime, sliced
1 Cup pine nuts
2 Cups cranberries (soaked in warm water) or raisins
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 Cup water (or orange juice)
2 Cups coconut, grated
2 Cups grated coconut
2 Cups fresh mint leaves, chopped
3 Cups pre-cooked basmati rice
For the turkey:
1 Whole turkey (5 - 6 Kilos)
2 Tbs Masala spices:
(Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin/coriander, Cardamon, Nutmeg)
1 Tbs fresh ginger, chopped
2 Tbs red pepper powder
1 tsp crushed chili
3 Tbs corn oil
1 Onion, diced
¼ Cup Celery, diced
¼ Cup of carrots, diced
4 Garlic cloves
1 Tbs butter
For the filling:
- Heat oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the cinnamon, fennel, slices of lime and the pine nuts, stir.
- Add Cranberries, lemon juice, water (or orange juice), then stir in grated coconut.
- Reduce heat, leave the mixture for 10 minutes, then add fresh mint and stir for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the pre-cooked rice while stirring well, season the filling with salt and pepper, leave aside to cool (tip: do not overcook so the color of the mint won’t be dark)
For the Turkey:
- Wash the turkey thoroughly, dissolve 1 ½ cup of salt in enough water to cover the turkey for 2 hours, then rinse and dry.
- Blend yogurt with the Masala spices, red pepper, chili and oil until the mixture is well combined.
- Lift up the skin of the turkey from the neck side so that half of the mixture is between the skin and the meat.
- Season the inside of the turkey with 1/4 of the mixture.
- Stuff the turkey with the cooled rice mixture and tie the legs so the filling remains inside.
- Spread onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a roasting pan, put the turkey on top of the vegetables.
- Brush the turkey with butter; add a little amount of water on one side of the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven (180 degrees) or according to weight (40 minutes for each kilo)
- Brush turkey with dripping from time to time; cover with aluminum foil for the first half of the cooking time.
- Remove turkey from pan; cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve it with the stuffed rice.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Caramelized roast chops and couscous with cashews
Roasted sweet potato and peppers with couscous
Moroccan spiced lamb and couscous
Date and cinnamon stuffed lamb
Roast chicken with couscous & pine nut stuffing
Lemon roast turkey with hazelnut & fig stuffing
Save and Share Stuffed Turkey (Tandouri style) Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.