Saturday, April 19, 2014
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The Home of Middle Eastern Food Recipes) invites you to try Grilled Chicken on Greens with Creamy Harissa Dressing Recipe. Enjoy the good taste of Middle Eastern Food and learn how to make Grilled Chicken on Greens with Creamy Harissa Dressing.
We've breathed new life into sliced chicken on greens with harissa, a fiery Tunisian chile sauce (or paste) laced with coriander, garlic, cumin, and caraway. Prep and Cook Time: 1 hour, plus at least 3 hours of marinating time.
Notes: Chicken breasts vary a lot in size, so note the weight of the package before buying. The heat level of harissa depends on the brand, so start with a little and add more from there. You can buy it and smoked paprika at specialty food stores like Whole Foods Market.
Yield: Makes 4 dinner salads
Total: 4 Hours
1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 2 halves; see Notes)
1 teaspoon finely shredded fresh lemon zest
About 1 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimentón; see Notes)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 medium red onion, peeled, halved crosswise, and thinly sliced into half-moons
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
About 1 tsp. harissa sauce or paste (see Notes)
1 tablespoon chopped mint, plus more for garnish
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
8 cups loosely packed mixed baby greens
1 cup 2-in.-long carrot matchsticks (1 medium carrot)
1/2 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced lengthwise into strips
1/4 cup quartered, pitted kalamata olives
1. Put chicken breast halves between pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the back of a small, heavy saucepan until 1/4 in. thick. Whisk lemon zest, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, the smoked paprika, and cumin together in a small bowl. Put chicken breasts in a large, wide bowl and add marinade, rubbing all over chicken to coat. Cover and chill at least 3 hours and up to overnight. Allow chicken to come to room temperature before grilling. Meanwhile, rinse onion and dry it with paper towels.
2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Lay chicken on well-oiled grate and cook, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate or cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk yogurt, harissa, 1 tbsp. mint, remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the lemon juice together in a small bowl. Slice chicken on the diagonal across the grain into 1/4-in.-thick strips.
4. In a large bowl, toss together greens, carrot, bell pepper, onion, and olives with 1/2 cup dressing until just coated.
5. Divide salad among 4 plates and top with chicken. Drizzle remaining dressing over salads, dividing evenly, and garnish with remaining mint.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 27%
Saturated fat: 1.7g
More from the Hummus Recipes Kitchen:
Lamb Tagine with Cinnamon, Saffron, and Dried Fruit Recipe
Za'atar-Crusted Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
Spicy Kofte Recipe
Lamb Chops with Tahini Sauce Recipe
Middle Eastern Carrot Salad Recipe
Swiss Chard with Chickpeas and Couscous Recipe
Save and share Grilled Chicken on Greens with Creamy Harissa Dressing Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.