The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Middle-Eastern baklava Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Middle-Eastern baklava.
Makes 3 long logs
500g good-quality Turkish delight*
50g almond meal
200g walnuts, finely chopped
2 tsp rosewater
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup caster sugar
9 sheets filo pastry
100g butter, melted
Rose petals, to garnish
Turkish coffee, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Cut the Turkish delight into small cubes and place in a bowl with the icing sugar from the box, the almond meal, walnuts, half the rosewater, the lemon juice and half the caster sugar. Stir to combine, then set aside.
3. Place the remaining caster sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Decrease heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining rosewater and set aside to cool.
4. Place 1 sheet of filo on a workbench and brush with butter. Repeat with 2 more sheets. Place a third of the filling along a long end of the buttered pastry, then roll up, twisting the ends to enclose. Brush the top with butter. Repeat with remaining filo and filling to make 3 rolls.
5. Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Brush with a little syrup and set aside to cool.
6. Once cool, slice diagonally and drizzle with the extra syrup. Garnish with the rose petals and serve with Turkish coffee.
Turkish delight is available from Middle-Eastern stores.
delicious. - June 2002, Page 148
Recipe by Valli Little
More Dessert Recipes:
Lokum (Turkish delight)
Turkish Doughnuts with Rose Hip Syrup
Save and share Middle-Eastern baklava
this recipe Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.