The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Middle eastern rosewater cakes Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Middle eastern rosewater cakes.
1 cup (250ml) canola oil
1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
1 cup (280g) natural yoghurt
2 cups (300g) self-raising fl our, sifted
2 tbs rosewater*
1 cup (150g) icing sugar, sifted
1-2 drops pink food colouring
Dried edible rosebuds* (optional), to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and fl our eight 1-cup (250ml) decorative moulds (non-stick friand pans are ideal).
2. Place the oil, caster sugar and eggs in a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat until well combined. Stir in yoghurt, followed by flour, then stir in half the rosewater.
3. Divide the mixture among moulds. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool slightly in moulds, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
4. For icing, place icing sugar in a bowl with remaining rosewater and colouring.
5. Use a wooden spoon to gradually stir in enough warm water (about 2-3 tsp), to make a smooth, flowing icing. Turn out cooled cakes, then drizzle with icing and decorate with rosebuds, if using.
delicious. - September 2005, Page 94
Recipe by Valli Little
More Dessert Recipes:
Middle Eastern rice pudding
Lokum (Turkish delight)
Turkish Doughnuts with Rose Hip Syrup
Save and share Middle eastern rosewater cakes recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.