|Photo: Chicken and Eggplant Recipe|
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Chicken and Eggplant Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Chicken and Eggplant Recipe.
3 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried ground coriander
4 split chicken breasts with wings, skin on
3 tablespoons oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ teaspoon thyme
½ tsp oregano
1 eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup tomato juice
- Season the flour with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 pieces keeping bones, skin and wings
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Begin frying the chicken skin side down making sure to brown both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan cook the onions for 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Add the garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper to the onions and stirring for a few minutes, remove from the heat
- Salt the eggplant cubes and let stand for some time, wash with water then press the excess moisture from the pieces using paper towels.
- Heat oil on medium heat and brown the eggplant cubes, remove from heat.
- Add the eggplant to the cooked onions stirring over medium heat. Add the tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, place the chicken back into the pan, cover and let cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
- Garnish with thyme and oregano.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Macaroni with Minced Meat and Eggplant
Stuffed Turkey (Tandouri style)
Caramelized roast chops and couscous with cashews
Roasted sweet potato and peppers with couscous
Moroccan spiced lamb and couscous
Date and cinnamon stuffed lamb
Save and Share Chicken and Eggplant Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.