|Photo: Cranberry–Pistachio Baklava Recipe|
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Cranberry–Pistachio Baklava Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Cranberry–Pistachio Baklava Recipe.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 45 min
Cooling: 6 h
Output: 30 pieces
500 ml (2 cups) unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
250 ml (1 cup) blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
250 ml (1 cup) dried cranberries
2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
454 g (1 lb) phyllo pastry, thawed
180 ml (3/4 cup) melted butter
500 ml (2 cups) honey
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
180 ml (3/4 cup) water
Grated zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1 lemon
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter a 23 x 33-cm (9 x 13-inch) Pyrex or aluminum baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine the nuts, cranberries and spices. Set aside.
3. Slice the sheets of phyllo in half to obtain rectangles the same size as the baking dish.
4. Lay one third of the phyllo (about 13 sheets) in the baking dish, brushing each sheet with butter. Spread half the nut mixture over the dough. Repeat with another third of the phyllo and the remaining nut mixture. Cover with the remaining dough (also buttered).
5. Using a very sharp knife, cut into 15 squares. Cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes.
1. In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the hot baklava. Let cool to room temperature.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Baklava with honey syrup
Chocolate Baklava Recipe
Pistachio & Almond Baklava
Pistachio & cardamom baklava
Save and Share Cranberry–Pistachio Baklava Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.