|Photo: Maple and Pecan Baklava Recipe|
The Hummus Recipes Kitchen (The home of Hummus Recipes & Delicious Middle Eastern Recipes) invites you to try Maple and Pecan Baklava Recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern Cuisine and learn how to make Maple and Pecan Baklava.
Preparation time: 55 min
Cooking time: 40 min
500 ml (2 cups) maple syrup
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
250 ml (1 cup) corn syrup
250 ml (1 cup) water
1/2 box 250 g phyllo pastry, thawed
125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
1.5 liters (6 cups) toasted pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
2. Butter a 33 x 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish.
3. In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup, sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil. Simmer until a candy thermometer reads 105 °C, about 30 minutes. Let the syrup cool.
4. Cut the phyllo sheets in half to make rectangles of the same size as the baking dish.
5. Place 5 sheets at the bottom of the pan, brushing with butter between each sheet. Sprinkle with about 250 ml (1 cup) of pecans. Cover with 3 more phyllo sheets brushed with butter. Sprinkle again with pecans. Continue to alternate layers of dough and pecans with the remaining ingredients.
6. Do not fill the pan more than three-quarters of its capacity.
7. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Right out of the oven, pour all the syrup over the baklava (for the sweet tooth), or about three quarters of the syrup if you want a slightly less sweet baklava. Let stand overnight before cutting into pieces.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Baklava with honey syrup
Chocolate Baklava Recipe
Pistachio & Almond Baklava
Save and Share Maple and Pecan Baklava Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.