|Photo: Best Baklava Recipe|
The Hummus blog: The home of hummus dips and traditional Middle Eastern food invites you to try Best Baklava recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern cuisine and learn how to make Best Baklava.
Move over cakes and puddings, baklava is here! Baklava, an Arabic pastry, is packed with dry fruits and nuts between layers of phyllo pastry. You might find our baklava recipes a bit too sweet but its amazing flavours will hardly keep you complaining.
A single bite on this Arabic pastry and you will pop a few into your mouth without much ado. The buttery crust and the nuts like pistachios and walnuts add a nice crunch to the dessert while a hint of cinnamon creates magic with the dried fruits.
To cut down the dryness, baklava is often served with thick syrup made of honey, sugar and water which is much less sweet than the baklava itself but adds to its amazing flavours.
Every oriental culture claim their share of fame as the inventor of baklava but its original roots still remains a dispute. Most believe that it is of Turkish origin and was given its contemporary form by the royal cooks of topkapi palace.
Different Middle Eastern countries love to relish their baklava in their own way. While the Turkish prefer their baklava loaded with pistachios, the people of Iran love it dried with a trace of rosy flavour.
Introduce your kids with the Middle Eastern flavors through a baklava and amaze them with its delightful flavours. If you think that making baklava is a laborious process, follow this authentic baklava recipe and you will be cooking it like a professional.
16 oz phyllo dough
1 cup butter
1 lb chopped nuts (walnuts, pistachios, cashew nuts)
1 cup white sugar
½ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup water
1. Warm your oven to 350 degrees F. 2. Grease a fairly large baking dish with butter and keep aside.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of chopped nuts and toss well to mix.
4. Roll out the phyllo dough and cut it into half.
5. Spread out two dough sheets in the dish and butter; continue the process until you get 8 layers of phyllo dough sheets in your dish.
6. Spoon in some of the spiced nuts and spread evenly throughout the sheets.
7. Cover them with 2 more sheets, coat it with butter and top the sheets with another layer of nut mixture.
8. Continue the layering and until you have covered 2/3 rd of the depth of baking dish.
9. Top the layers up with final 6 phyllo sheets.
10. Cut it out in small squares with a sharp knife.
11. Bake for 50 minutes until the crust turns crisp and golden.
12. Meanwhile, to make the sauce, melt sugar in water over heat.
13. Pour in honey and vanilla and let it simmer for half an hour.
14. When your baklava is done, take it out of the oven, smother it with the sauce and serve.
More Recipes from the Hummus Blog:
Open meat and tomato pies (Sfiha)
Stuffed Grape Leaves
Stuffed tomatoes with lamb mince, dill & rice
Couscous-Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce
Stuffed Baby Zucchini with Tomato Sauce
Recipe for Hummus
Save and Share Best Baklava Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.