Enjoy Lebanese cooking recipes and learn how to make delicious Lebanese dish of Kousa Bil-Laban (Stuffed baby Zucchinis with Yogurt).
|Preparation time :||25 minutes|
|Cooking time :||35 minutes|
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion or 200 g, finely chopped
300 g lean minced lamb
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pine seeds or 10 g, toasted
¼ cup egyptian rice or 50 g
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon
1 kg zucchini, small size
2 cups water or 500 ml
4 cups low fat yoghurt or 1 kg
1½ tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon dried mint
1 clove garlic, crushed (extra)
- Warm oil in a large non-stick pan, add and cook onions for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add minced meat, garlic, black pepper, cinnamon and pine seeds. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the rice and a MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cube for 1 minute.
- Hollow baby zucchini and stuff them with the meat mixture. Arrange stuffed zucchini in a large saucepan.
- Add water and a MAGGI® Chicken Less Salt Bouillon cube to the saucepan. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until zucchinis are almost cooked.
- Combine yogurt and corn flour in a large pot and bring them to boil under constant stirring. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the yogurt sauce over zucchini and simmer for another 5 minutes or until they are cooked. Stir in garlic and dried mint.
Stuffed Baby Zucchini with Tomato Sauce - Kousa Mahshi - How to make Malfouf
Save and share Kousa Bil-Laban Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.