|Photo: Bokhari Rice Recipe|
The Hummus blog: The home of hummus dips and traditional Middle Eastern food invites you to try Bokhari Rice recipe. Enjoy the Middle Eastern cuisine and learn how to make Bokhari Rice.
Serves : 6 Persons
Duration : 70 Min
2 Cups Basmati Rice
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
500 Gram Meat Pieces
1 Large Chopped Onion
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Teaspoon Chopped Ginger
2 Cups Grated Carrot
1 Tablespoon Mixed Spices
2 Teaspoons Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1/2 1 Teaspoons Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
4 Cups Chicken Broth or Water
1. Wash rice and soak in salted water for 15 minutes.
2. In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add meat pieces and stir until brown. Stir in onion, garlic, and ginger. Stir until onions are caramelized.
3. Add carrot, mixed spices, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, salt, black pepper, and water. Cover the meat and let simmer until meat is well done.
4. Remove meat from broth. Set aside. Drain rice and add to the broth. Add enough water to reach ½ an inch above the rice. Bring to a boil over high heat until rice absorbs most of the broth.
5. Place meat pieces on top of the rice. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. To serve garnish rice with fried raisins and almonds.
More Recipes from the Hummus Blog:
Chicken tabouli salad
Baba Ghanouj – Roasted Eggplants With Garlic and Tahin
Roasted Green Wheat with Chicken ( Freekeh ma’ djej)
Lebanese lentils and rice
Spicy chicken kebabs
Save and share Bokhari Rice Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.