|Photo: Tiramisu with Dates Recipe|
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 Cup Espresso, or strong coffee
3 Cups dates cut into half
2 Cups mascarpone cheese
2 Cups cream, whipped
1/2 Cup sugar
Cocoa powder and cinnamon for decoration
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Grease and lightly flour a (26 cm) cake pan.
- Whisk butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at the time, vanilla while continuously whisking until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in flour gradually, stir slowly until just combined.
For the filling:
- Put coffee in a saucepan over medium heat, add the dates, and let mixture boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates while keeping aside the boiled coffee.
- In the prepared cake pan, arrange the dates; pour the cake mixture on it.
- Bake the cake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Flip the cake on a wire rack, cool.
For the cream:
- Whisk cheese and sugar with a hand mixer; fold in the whipped cream until combined.
For the tiramisu:
- Flip the cake upside down so the dates will be on the top.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two equal layers.
- Put the lower layer of the cake in the serving plate; make some holes in the cake (using a wood chopstick), moister with coffee.
- Top with mascarpone cream, spreading evenly.
- Place the other cake layer, cover with cream; sprinkle with cocoa powder and cinnamon.
More recipes from the hummus blog:
Raspberry Ice Cream
Stuffed Brown Bread Cups
Cookies Filled with Fig, Dates and Apricot
Honey Cookies with Walnuts
Firm Yogurt with Honey
Save and share Tiramisu with dates recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.